Congratulations to all of our winners in September’s Monthly Medal event. It was pleasing to see our Secretary/Treasurer, Rod Booth, take out the B-Grade. Rod does a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes, so it was nice to see the golf course reward him with a great game.
Next Wednesday is our 4 Man Ambrose event. It is an 8.00am shotgun start. As this is a 4 man team event PLEASE REGISTER BY 7:30am AT THE LATEST so we can ensure groups are organised BEFORE they head out to their nominated tee. If you are nominated to play but can’t make it please let me know on 0409109106 or email@example.com as far in advance as possible.
We are making this a special day to mark the start of our Summer Season. We will be having prizes on most holes, and the tee’s will be set at different positions than usual on some holes.
Hopefully we will have a good attendance, below is a list of what is on offer.
4 Man Ambrose Prizes for Wednesday 11th September.
- Runners Up
- Best Front 9 (can’t be winner or runner up)
- Best Back 9 (can’t be winner or runner up)
- Run Down (usually 5 teams)
- 1st hole: NTP 2nd shot all in.
- 2nd hole: Longest Drive A,B,C grades. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 4th hole: NTP all in. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 5th hole: All Birdies (mark your score with a circle).
- 6th hole: NTP all in. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 7th hole: NTP all in. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 8th hole: NTP 2nd shot all in.
- 10th hole: NTP all in. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 12th hole: NTP all in. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 13th hole: NTP 2nd shot all in.
- 14th hole: Longest Drive all in. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 15th hole: NTP all in. (Doesn’t have to be the ball you use.)
- 16th hole: 2 club hole (7 iron & putter only) (All Birdies, mark your card with a circle).
- 18th hole: NTP 3rd shot all in.
Handicaps are added and divide by 8.
Minimum 3 Tee shots by each player.
RESULTS FROM 4th SEPTEMBER 2013
Event: SEPTEMBER Monthly Medal – Stroke
Prize Donor: John Madill Toyota
We have had a number of visitors recently enjoying our weather and golf course – this week it was John Bowron from Everglades Country Club, Woy Woy in New South Wales. John took out a NTP on the 7th.
Great to see one of our recent new members, Dave Lyons, take out one of our tougher NTP’s, the 15th.
A Grade Winner: Alan Blundell 66, Runner Up: Peter Piggott 68
B Grade Winner: Rod Booth 62, Runner Up: Jim Gregg 65
C Grade Winner: Peter Smith 63, Runner Up: Jim Henderson 65
Run Down (all in): John Milligan 65, Kevin Crundall 65, Ian Lawson 66, Charlie Adelberg 66, John O’Donoghue 68, Len Highland 69, Bruce Wilshire 69, Jon Sendall 70, Les Terrans 70, Kevin Tonkin 70, Glen Johnstone 70, Tony Foster 70.
NTP: 4thBrad Lavender, 6th Col Easton, 7th John Bowron (V), 10th Terry Lyons, 12th Rob Powell, 13th Les Terrans, 15th Dave Lyons.
Captains Choice: Best Gross: A – Kevin Tonkin 80, B – Jim Gregg 85, C – Jim Henderson 92.
Raffle: Chris Simpson, Bruce Wilshire, Ian Mulhall, Alex Kologaras
MEMBERSHIP of THE VETS
We are pleased to welcome 3 new members:
If you come across them on the course or in the club house make them feel welcome.
Ordinary Membership has now reached 130 with 24 new members this year.
It’s been great to see a number of members previously on the sick or injured list back on deck and getting back into the swing of things.
MEMBERS CLUB ACCOUNT
The major prizes in our competitions – i.e. winner and runner up – are quite often in the form of a $ credit to the member’s account with Cooroy Golf Club (The Club).
The credit must be spent at The Club – it can be used to purchase goods or services but not pay annual membership or levy.
If you have been a major prize winner don’t forget to check the balance in your club account from time to time – spending it will help The Club.
Rod Booth – Secretary/Treasurer
Cooroy Veterans’ Golf Club