It has just been confirmed that the GemLife Cooroy development proposal will be decided by Noosa Councillors on Thursday 18 March.
You would be aware of the numerous benefits to the Cooroy Golf Club:
- Guaranteed membership boost – 246 golf memberships (1 per dwelling per year for 10 years).
- New Golf Club House – construction and fit-out of a new golf club house for Cooroy Golf Club including pro-shop, restaurant, café, function room, outdoor deck and terrace area.
- The club house will be equipped to cater for private and corporate functions to enable the club to generate supplementary income from events.
- Construction of a new 100-space car park for the golf course.
- Construction of a 40-space golf cart storage shed.
- Construction of a new, safer entry to the golf course from Myall Street.
Please do not underestimate the importance of engaging with Councillors over the next week to voice your support for this proposal. It is make or break at this point and community feedback is crucial.
Even if you lodged a submission during the public notification period, NOW is the time to let the Mayor and Councillors know that the future viability of the club is in their hands.
It is important that Councillors are aware of a number of issues:
- The condition of the current clubhouse.
- The revenue stream, for both the club and wider business community, that would be created from a new clubhouse.
- The dire need for more and safer car parking.
- The benefits to the wider Cooroy and Noosa communities of a more appealing golf club attracting increased numbers of visiting golfers to the area.
Having a high-quality retirement resort adjacent to the Cooroy Golf Club is very appealing for over-50’s golfers.
The latest update can be viewed via the following link:
The most time effective way of engaging with all Councillors is by a group email.
Mayor – Clare Stewart: email@example.com
Deputy Mayor – Frank Wilkie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Finzel: email@example.com
Joe Jurisevic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amelia Lorentson: email@example.com
Brian Stockwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Wegener: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can phone Noosa Council on 5329 6500.
Please ensure that you include your residential address.
It would ideal if Councillors were emailed prior to the General Committee Meeting on 15 March but anytime up to 18 March will ensure you have your say on the future of your club.
CGC Management Committee