The legal position in Queensland is that we must follow the directions of the Queensland Chief Health Officer (CHO). The CHO Public Health Directions can be found on Qld Health’s website at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-governance/legislation/cho-public-health-directions-under-expanded-public-health-act-powers
The current Chief Health Officer Direction governing non-essential businesses is Non-essential business, activity and undertaking Closure Direction (No.4).
The section that refers to registered and licensed clubs states: “Bottle shops and off license premises attached to venues may continue to operate, with social distancing observed. Limited to 2 people for outdoor sporting-based activities, with social distancing observed. Example – golf and tennis.”
Based on the above directive the course is open on a restricted basis under the following conditions of play.
Booking a game in advance is compulsory for all social play.
All formal competitions are cancelled. An informal competition will run from the bar for Men and Women on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Results will not be recorded for handicap purposes.
Single Stableford – preferred lie.
Entry: $10.00 – prizes awarded
Daily Raffle: $2.00 a ticket or 3 for $5.00.
- Flags will be in place. Do not touch the flag. A noodle ring has been place in the cup to allow easy removal of the ball.
- Cart usage conditions. One person per cart with only the following exception: (1) married or defacto couples (2) a parent and under-18 child living in the same household.
- Hire carts available at reduced price – $20/cart for singles, $38 for twos – at the bar-staff’s discretion.
- Drink taps on course are out of use. Please ensure you have plenty of water/soft drinks before you tee off.
- Sand buckets are out of use unless you have your own. Sand is available.
- Rakes have been removed from bunkers. Players are required to smooth bunkers using feet or clubs. Preferred lie in bunkers.
- No more than 2 people in Pro-shop at same time.
- No more than 2 people on putting green.
- No more than 2 people on the deck area.
- No more than 2 players in a playing group.
Maintain ‘social distancing‘ at all time – 1.5 metres apart. Do not congregate anywhere.
Please observe any instruction given to you by the staff member on duty.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MEMBERS: You can continue to drop off recycling material. With everyone staying at home we expect increased volumes which will contribute to club finances. Please leave it outside the clubhouse near the roller door.
Greg Michael – President
Cooroy Golf Club